Heros Severum Inirida sp.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivers2k

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone know anything about them? All I know is they are one of the newer species. they look very interesting might be getting a couple wild caught but I want to learn a little more about them first.

I have been reading they are like Notatus and I read they are smaller Heros so I wonder if these are smaller to? IDK any info would be appreciated.

Trying to decide between wild Inirida sp. and wild appendiculatus described to be turquoise and red.

Anyone have pictures of either of these I would love to see them and hear experiences.

I don't think your going to anyone here who has one. I've seen a couple over the years but they're few and far between. Who is selling WC ones?

I don't think your going to anyone here who has one. I've seen a couple over the years but they're few and far between. Who is selling WC ones?

Rapps has 5" wild Inirida from the Columbia/Venezuela border @ $50 a pop. Sounds a little out of your budget rivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah Rapps is where I saw them. Just because I am thrifty doesn't make me poor lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was just browsing Jeffs site and he has some amazing colored Festea so I decided I am going that route instead. I love severums but I currently have red spotted severum so I think I am going a different route with my other tank. I ordered 6 so hopefully I can get a pair.

But if anyone is interested he does have 3 different kinds of wild caught Heros

@Mog it was the same price as the Heros Rio Inirida so budget has nothing to do with it hahaha Just my indecisiveness about what to do with a new tank.

Must be a biggggg tank. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh and I'm extremely jealous!

Festae are like super models, they're nice to look at but boring and dumb as a rock.

Well its all your fault with me because of the picture of your female.

If you like sevs so much, Should have done heroina isoncysterina, the mini-sev. Rapps has them and they are quite rare in the hobby. One species on my list someday for sure

Well its all your fault with me because of the picture of your female.

I agree a female in breeding dress is spectacular but they lack the interactive behavior of most of the larger cichlids. Typical South American fish :lol:

@ Freak Gecko - I do like sevs allot but thought it would be better to explore something new. All of my tanks are completely different and I don't have an ultra aggressive tank yet. Also heroina isoncysterina don't do much for me not much color.

@ Mike, I don't plan to keep all 6. I am going to wait to see if a pair forms or just look for the best female. It all depends on how the fish interact with each other. Right now they are 1.5"

@ Hukit My Main display tank has my sevs and HRPs they are very interactive, so its ok if the festea aren't so much. I just hope they aren't as boring as Green Terrors. The two GT's I had before just kind of float around. (I know they aren't related just GT's are the most boring fish I can think of)

I did do a Managuens tank once but my wife was complaining about not enough color. I assumed there personality is about the same?

@ Hukit My Main display tank has my sevs and HRPs they are very interactive. so its ok if the festea aren't so much. I just hope they aren't as boring as Green Terrors. The two I had before just kind of float around.

Please don't get me wrong they're beautiful and I've had over 15 of them including mature breeding fish. They are just hyper-aggressive and extremely frustrating at times due to their behavior. I would never try to talk someone out of them unless they were using a tank which is to small.

Just got my email from Jeff I will be getting them on Wednesday there is an extra fee from fedex for saturday shipping (there's that cheapness coming out mog haha) And I have meetings all day Monday and Tuesday.

Jeff is the best guy to deal with. He seems really nice and is very accommodating.

Please don't get me wrong they're beautiful and I've had over 15 of them including mature breeding fish. They are just hyper-aggressive and extremely frustrating at times due to their behavior. I would never try to talk someone out of them unless they were using a tank which is to small.

I will probably just go with the single female or male I am not looking for a tank that is going to be frustrating. But this way I can pick the nicest looking one. When I had my Managuens I was always worried about who was going to kill who. If I choose just one I don't have to worry about that.

I used to live near NYC and I always had a nice selection to choose from but where I live now there isn't much to choose from. Much nicer place to live but not great for finding the fish I want.

If you like sevs so much, Should have done heroina isoncysterina, the mini-sev. Rapps has them and they are quite rare in the hobby. One species on my list someday for sure

Hmm, you may have just decided the setup of my 125, I'll start a thread on it later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm, you may have just decided the setup of my 125, I'll start a thread on it later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You're welcome Gillie ;) I love isoncysterina, CJ (cbourg) who used to be on here had them

Back
Top Bottom