How aggressive are baby red devils?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Plecos4596

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was wondering can say a 1 or 2 inch red devil do any damage to like a convict or other Central American cichlids? Any answers are appreciated.

I was wondering can say a 1 or 2 inch red devil do any damage to like a convict or other Central American cichlids? Any answers are appreciated.

What gallon tank? And yes. Red devils are one of the most aggressive cichlids there are. Definetly in my top 10

your questions always involve specific fish and their aggression level, it's disconcerting..

I went to purchase a red devil one time. He was in my care in hit transport bag for 10 minutes. He was double bagged of course and he decided to shred through both bags and end up on the floor. Needles to say I still wanted him. I took him home and placed him with my 2 oscars that were 2 times his size. He decided to shred one to pieces. Ill never own a red devil again. I dont think they are suitable for any tank mates at all. No nothing

I went to purchase a red devil one time. He was in my care in hit transport bag for 10 minutes. He was double bagged of course and he decided to shred through both bags and end up on the floor. Needles to say I still wanted him. I took him home and placed him with my 2 oscars that were 2 times his size. He decided to shred one to pieces. Ill never own a red devil again. I dont think they are suitable for any tank mates at all. No nothing

In a big enough tank. Mates like dovii, grammodes, trimac, and umbee might possibly work. But yes. Very aggressive.

In a big enough tank. Mates like dovii, grammodes, trimac, and umbee might possibly work. But yes. Very aggressive.

Yeah that is true. I had 2 oscars and the RD in a 110g tank. Tons of hiding spots like holy rock and DW. Those tank mates are very feasible and can work like you said with a BIG enough tank and more hidings spots then you can think of!

I know what the web sites say but what would you say is the min. tank size for a single is?

If your doing a single, id go with ATLEAST a 55g. A 75g would make them happiers.

Im not too positive on this but we are all wrong sometimes

Most of the sites say 55 min. Im thinking of rehoming my entire 55 and getting one. My 75 stock will be getting moved to a 125 in feb so the RD could be moved to the 75 then.

Most of the sites say 55 min. Im thinking of rehoming my entire 55 and getting one. My 75 stock will be getting moved to a 125 in feb so the RD could be moved to the 75 then.

So many more awesome species than devils, seeing as nearly every readily available devil is a hybrid with a Midas somewhere down the line. If you were to order one from Jeff Rapps, then you could know you're getting a pure devil, which is how I'd go about it

Back
Top Bottom