I feel so helpless!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The yellow fish? Yellow lab Cichlid? Have you tried to net it and put it in a hospital tank to see of it comes around? What other fish are in the tank? How big is the tank? Maybe it's being picked on and is scared? It won't move if it's scared to death, it's gonna find a spot and stay there.

Maybe euthanize it if it's just dying rather then watch it suffer?

Sorry....

More info please.

Thank you, he died a few minutes ago. What is the best way to euthanize? I felt terrible and I'm new to this. I have a 95 gallon tank. There are about 25 fish in there, all roughly that size. It's my first loss. Water tests well, and there are no marks on him. The other fish sometimes give chase, but I've not seen any major scuffles.

How long has your fish been like this?
Is it a holding female?Sometimes they stay in one spot for quite some time and they most certainly don't eat when their holding.

Thank you, he died a few minutes ago. What is the best way to euthanize?

Sorry to hear that. I use clove oil, add the fish to a mixture of clove oil and water and it will slowly die from an overdose of this anesthetic oil.

That link in my above post will walk you through some of the different methods.

Whats your current water stats? size tank? and whats his tank mates?

My tank is all mbuna cichlids. I have two orange zebras that are kind of nasty, but they don't really bother the yellow ones. I noticed yesterday that this particular fish wasn't coming up to eat. Today I noticed him laying in the plant. He died a few minutes after my post. The water tested fine, all other fish alive, hungry and active. I have three other yellow ones, they are shy, but seem fine.

Thank you for all of your help, once again.

Sorry to Hear that :(

Was he bloated or anything? It may just be one of them things.

Back
Top Bottom