I Need All Information and Help with Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I should have said... if the angels do actually start to beed, make sure there are plenty of hiding spots for your other fish..... .. plants, more plants and rock caves for dwarf cichlids. Or perhaps a tank divider too....... but that is another story.

how much room do they need?

Living full grown and happy, I would say about 15 gallons a piece, but that's just my estimate.
can they fit in a 29 gal tank?
One only, but NO MORE!
can they be community fish?

Very much so. I've got two now in with community fish. They are peacful.

All in all, Rudy...make sure you research before you get any of the angels. They aren't as simple to keep as mollies. Don't like hardwater, and can't have fish that nip fins. They can get quite large, so if you get one now (when your ich is GONE) you will be nearing your fish limit.

Good luck.

thank you and i know they will eat my fry cause that is what i intend on feed them

People keep a breeding pair of Discus in 29-30 gals with not too much fuss. I disagree with only one. The rule of thumb for discus is 10 gal per adult above a 30 gal size.

I'd say a pair would go into a 29 easy.

I have kept angels all the time. I've never managed a breeding pair and from what I've read about their agressiveness, I'm happy I haven't. I haven't had much trouble with the angels in a community tank. Last fall we bought some tetras that think they own the tank that chased the angels along with the other fish but that's the only issue.

Angels are very nice fish. I like the long veiled species. Graceful and peaceful to watch.

Love the angels, I am planning a 55 gal tank around them. I feed them flake food, dried tubifex, frozen bloodworms. I do lots of water changes. I find platies, danios, plecos, and cory's suitable tankmates. Might add a few non nippy tetras and a spiny eel, but I have to watch my bioload (its kinda like your waist, if your not careful you wake up one day and its way too much :eek: ) I have 4 juvenile, 4 adolescents in a 55 gal tank with friends. As they get larger, I might have to move some angels out or lower the other bioload. Angels might chase off a few faster moving fish, might pick on a few slower fish, but overall they seem happy to show everyone who is boss and then let it drop after a while.

Just scored some "pearl white" angels that are beautiful. Look for them.

Jchillin i think that means he quit the website

he is no longer a user

no i was talking to him in the chat he said all his fish are happy and healthy and they have no more ich at all

he told me he got really mad at the people who were in the chat cause they were being rude to him and laughing at him.... he was really mad about it so he said he is at a new website like www.aquariacentral.com i think?

Well, sometimes they can tough it out. When I made all my newbie mistakes, all my fish got ich (of course). I bought meds and everything but didn't know to take the carbon insert out, which I'm sure rendered the meds pretty much useless. They were also trying to survive a cycle at the same time as the ich. My first ever cichlid survived, all other fish died. So IME it's highly unlikely but possible. Of course I would always recommend treating it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom