Ich + GBR Eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wmc2009

Aquarium Advice Freak
So in the midst of the ICH outbreak I found eggs this afternoon in the back of my tank. The GBR pair are taking turns guarding them. My tank temp is well over 86 degrees due to the heat treatment im doing to remove ICH. The question Is there any way possible these will survive considering the high temps? The eggs look white and I've read they're supposed to be off white?? How do I know when it's time to move them to breeders net if they are actually going to hatch? This is their first batch. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm not absolutley sure @ 86°
I've had eggs hatch at as high as 83°
If it was me I'd let them alone and see what happens since this is their first go around.
So. Congrats on that and hope your ich clears up.

Woke up this morning and they were all gone. Kinda bummed about it. Someone had Cavier last night.

Sorry to hear that. Dont lose hope though. Some gbr's are terrible parents at first. If they're anything like mine they'll settle down and eventually get it right.

Just found another batch of ram eggs. They survived the first night without being eaten. This is the second batch so I'm curious to see how this goes. Fingers Crossed!

Back
Top Bottom