ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AssistedDecoy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have been trying to figure out what this is and I cant seem to figure it out. Is it a female that just happend to sneak into a male tank? Does it just not color up?
(Darker 1 on the right in picture 2)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1463734546996.jpg
    1463734546996.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 1463734591556.jpg
    1463734591556.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 105
It appears to be a male Peacock based on the pointed anal fin. This fish is pretty small and will not color up until it is more dominant. You may wish to have a grow tank set up to grow some of the smaller fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Hes larger than some of the other fish in there that are colored up?

He looks pretty thin. What type of Peacock is it. From the list on the other post you have semi aggressive Peacocks mixed with peaceful Peacocks. Less dominant fish regardless of size will color up slower.

Looked at your list and if it is the Kandeese Blue Orchid, it would explain my comments. These also do best in a species tank.

I got 4 when I first filled the tank then those other 7 I added were a week later, this guys is from the first set. I was excited to get fish into the tank that I didnt even think to ask what 2 of them were, this and an albino being the 2 im not sure about. As far as aggression, there is a chase here and there but nothing more than a few seconds and they all seem happy and healthy together.

The blue orchid was part of the 2nd set and he looks better now then he did on day 1, they all do except the 1 in the picture. But if he is less dominant then only time will tell.

I dont mean to seem like im arguing or anything, its just more questions and info so I can understand everything and make sure you have all the info that I can give you.

This is the albino I was talking about, hes the biggest fish in there and is usually the 1 doing the chasing.

Attachments

• 1463795940933.jpg
    1463795940933.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 86
He is probably an albino Eureka Jacobfriebergi and falls under the more aggressive species.
I did not take your comments as arguing, so no worries.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom