I'm new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most dwarf (mostly west African, south American, and some tanganyikans) cichlids will do well in that size tanks. the following list are cichlids suitable for your tank.

South American genus/species (almost all will work in a community setting):
Ivanacara
Nannacara
*apistogramma (second most commonly seen of the SA dwarf cichlids)
Dicrossus
Laetacara
Mikrogeophagus (rams; Bolivians are much hardier than the German blues)
Cleithocara maronii (keyhole cichlid; one pair with a small school of tetras would work)

West African (some will work in a community setting, mostly pelvicachromis sp)
Pelvicachromis (most common is p. pulcher, also known as Kribensis, or kribs)
Jewel cichlids (kinda pushing it but could work)

Tanganyikans (will NOT work in a community setting)
Neolamprologus sp. (like brevis, multifasciatus, or ocellatus)
Brichardi
Leleupi (if I'm not mistaken)

What fish will work then not just that kind but all kinds

Another one I forgot is a pair of angels (south american, community able), convicts (aggressive breeders, not the best for a community), amatitlania sp "honduran red point" (commonly called Honduran red points or HRPs for short; work well in a community tank), and many of the cryptoheros species (my personal favorate is cryptoheros cutteri; but they aren't exactly the best for community tanks).

As for what they can be kept with, it woul look nice to do a school of tetra, like rummynose, lemon, serpae, bleeding heart, etc. You usually want a school of at least 6-8. Cory cats wrk well on the bottom, needing a shoal (swim together but don't always follow the same direction, stay in group, not tight packed uit) of at least 4 IMO. Kuhli loaches are a fun and interesting bottom feeder that you could add as well. A small species of pleco will be fine too, like a bristlenose, clow, or if you're adventurous and don't mind spending the extra cash, a leopard frog pleco or a queen arabesque pleco

Back
Top Bottom