info on eels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

howmanyds

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anybody know much about Mastacembelus tanganicae Lake Tanganyika. They're in stock at Dave's Rare Fish so I'm considering them with my community but I can't find much info out there on how well they do with other smaller tankmates. One database said they get to 19cm. Can anybody confirm that?

Thanks!

I did notice they are spiney eels (my bad, sorry), but they don't get nearly as large as the tire track and related species, also don't seem as piscivorous as the other spiney eels

I did notice they are spiney eels (my bad, sorry), but they don't get nearly as large as the tire track and related species, also don't seem as piscivorous as the other spiney eels

They don't get as large, actually a good size for an aquarium but like you said I wouldn't risk my Shellies but some larger fish the should be olay

Definitely a seldom seen species and obviously, not much is written about them care-wise. A lot about where they live, but now how they live, or experiences with them in the hobby

So then, a 4" eel certainly shouldn't be put with a tankful of 1.5" juvies.

Back
Top Bottom