Jumping cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aprlshwrs

Aquarium Advice Regular
So...I have a mystery to solve. I have a fish tank in which I have a parrot fish, a bumblebee fish and 2 black convicts...and whole bunch of black convict babies. All if these fish are aggressive, especially the black convicts because of the babies. So, until I can separate them by putting some of them in a new tank...I put a divider up to keep the convicts away from the rest of the tank. Now...my largest fish, the parrot fish, has learned how to get through the divider and I have no idea how. None of the other fish can make it through and they are all smaller than her! I've had to fish her out and put her back on the other side 3 times already! I'm completely stumped! Can parrot fish jump? Even then I didn't think there was enough room above for her to do so. The aquarium lid is always closed. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe posting a picture of your set up might help people to see what's going on? But to answer your question nearly every fish can jump.

Back
Top Bottom