Kenyi?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OsciTheOscar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wanna makr sure this is the fish i think it is... Sry for the bad pic...

Attachments

• image-1216967505.jpg
    image-1216967505.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 72
heres better pics...
rcrae8.jpg

142a3y8.jpg

jt6pmo.jpg

in the 3rd pic theres what im assuming is the male version (yellow+stripes) in the bottom left corner...

its either kenyi or bumblebee, but im leaning toward kenyi since the males are yellow and the females are blue...

correct me if im wrong...

Yep thats a female must have been the lighting. She looks full of eggs. Males look like this

Attachments

• image-1339080450.jpg
    image-1339080450.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 63
Oscar, your fish appear to have different stripe pattern and stripe-spacing from typical kenyi's. It might be something else.

Regarding the one possibly being full of eggs, the fish might be slightly bloated. Usually female mbuna's show no external sign of containing eggs (I've had females produce over 40 fry and prior to the spawning event didn't look any different than the males physique-wise).

Well they're young so they probably arent showing the direct looking of a kenyi yet... So in that being said i doubt any of them are holding as i have 3 females to the 1 male... Before i bought them i looked on the internet on my phone what they were and kenyi was the closest to anything else i saw... Plus thr yellow and blue sex differencial helped the decision... Everything from the color to the stripes and the unique pattern on the dorsal fin...

Back
Top Bottom