Kribensis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemurstampeed33

Aquarium Advice Activist
This may sound dumb but, can I keep kribensis with any other african cichlids? Will they still breed?

You might be able to keep them with jewel cichlids which are riverine african cichlids if you have a large enough tank and plenty of hiding spaces. Both are pretty mild as far as aggression compared to other african cichlids. I've kept them with Jewels and bolivan rams before without too many issues, I wouldn't suggest them with German blue or gold rams. I've also kept them with firemouth cichlids. It really just boils down to the fish themselves and their individual temperament. They will breed but not with another species if that's what you mean.

This may sound dumb but, can I keep kribensis with any other african cichlids? Will they still breed?

No, kribensis will not do well with rift lake cichlids. They are too mild mannered, and are western riverine african where as rift lake cichlids are from just what their name implies, the rift lakes in east Africa (Malawi, tanganyika, Victoria)

Bolivan rams will, german rams are a bit sensitive but if you've bought them from a store that has the same water conditions, and you acclimate them properly, there shouldn't be an issue. Fish can grow accustomed to any pH value, it's the fluctuating pH when people add chemicals and buffers, that cause problems.

Could I keep two kribs a firemouth and a Bolivian ram in a 29 could I even keep anymore than that

The cichlids I know I am getting are kribs what other cichlids could I get with the in my 29 ore are my choices very limited

The cichlids I know I am getting are kribs what other cichlids could I get with the in my 29 ore are my choices very limited

To be honest, that footprint limits you, I would do a pair of Kribs and that's it, except for a school of dither fish nd maybe a small clean up crew like some cories or SA bumblebee cats

Back
Top Bottom