Kribensis spawned! (with NEW pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck! and nice pics! They grow extremely quick on BBS, hope you have another tank handy!
Within two months they should be a quarter of an inch.

hi,
good news i just got my pair of kribs. They seem to like there new home but im worried there not eating what do you feed them?

The female keeps facing her side at the male and shaking but he just nudges her in the side. Im not sure if theve found a suitable breeding place yet tho.

Thanks

I feed mine floating and sinking pellets, flake, freeze dried bloodworms, brine shrimp, and tubiflex worms, they go crazy over all of it. I also throw in some veggie disks every night, they do nibble at that, but other fish eat those mostly. today i noticed them nibbling at a few of the plants and a few wayward snails that were trying to dig into the sand. mine havent exactly paired up yet, the female is ready but I dont think the male is mature enough yet. the female has already staked out a "cave" and is digging in and around it, so maybe soon i may have some little krib fry in the tank.

I think im on the same boat. My female is a combination of lovely vibrant colours, wheras my male is still looking rather pale in comparison. Im not sure how long it will take for him to mature as he is already considerably bigger than her wiht the orange markings on his fins. O well fingers crossed eh?

Thanks, i might give the veggies idea a go. What kind of veggies?

So far the fry are getting bigger already. There are about 30 of them and the parent still don't harass other fish to death like I've been told here (thank God).

The female is shaking first, when she wants to threaten somebody to go away first. They still don't really care about the Otos and little about the endlers and shoo away the dwarf gourami female and the German Blue Ram every now and then. But the latter are clever enough not to get too close. My male dwarf gourami is different, he swims extra close which ends in a fight, so I had to take him out again right away.

so tiffi,

any updates picwise? im intrigued to find out what im in for... :lol:

Here are some new pictures of my Krib fry:

krib1.jpg

krib2.jpg

krib3.jpg

They are about a quarter of an inch without fins. The parents don't try to keep the other fishes away that much anymore. I guess they figure the babies are getting big enough not to be eaten anymore. Plus, they don't stay that close together anymore and every now and then you can see some getting lost while the troop left. There are still about 30 though.

They still bring their babies back into the cave at night time. The female dwarf gourami decided yesterday to swim into the cave and protect it as if it's hers. I guess she will get her behind kicked very quickly. I didn't know dwarf gouramis like caves :? .

I think my two kribs are fixing to breed. the female has built up a mound in front of "her" cave and is staying close to it, also the male is hanging around there alot. noticed them chasing the dither fish away, but not very far or trying very hard, earlier today. so maybe i will have some little kribs swimming around soon.

Congrats! You just got to make sure they won't start attacking other fishes, since they are only in a 29gal as I can see from your signature. Also what about the third Krib? You might want to take him/her out if it gets to stressful.

Besides that, have fun!

I will be giving the other krib to a friend of mine who has a few tanks larger than the ones I have. talk about mts, i thought I was bad, but he is worse lol.

Have about 10 fry left from the original 30. I've recognized some get missing sometimes and then my other fish probably have a nice feast. Oh well, survival of the fittest.

Back
Top Bottom