Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-07-2011, 06:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lake malawi mix.

Hi all just wondering what your thoughts are on my Malawi community so far. 6x electric yellows 4x peacocks ( Jacobs) 4x venustus. Plan on a featherfin cat and some pseudotrpheus acei in the near future. Please tell me that this mix will be okay.... Or not. I know the venustus will grow large so I have set up a 100 gal 5 ft tank for them, hopefully that's big enough all-though maybe not for four. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys...,,,,,

Old 03-07-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I think it sounds ok. I had 2 venustus in my 5' 150g up until last week when I decided to tear it down and convert it to a planted tank. I had 2x venustus, 18x acei, 12x yellow labs, 6x kenyi, 2x red zebra, 2x auratus, 3x strawberry peacocks, and 3x bumblebees. I would say you have plenty of room to add some more fish in there.

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
I think it sounds ok. I had 2 venustus in my 5' 150g up until last week when I decided to tear it down and convert it to a planted tank. I had 2x venustus, 18x acei, 12x yellow labs, 6x kenyi, 2x red zebra, 2x auratus, 3x strawberry peacocks, and 3x bumblebees. I would say you have plenty of room to add some more fish in there.

How were the acei's? they look beautiful, but will they get mauled or stand their ground? I plan to slowly stock it up, right now I have it very lightly stocked while the tank settles in.

Cheers
Old 03-08-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I currently have mbunas' and haps in my tank. Everyone gets along perfectly. The haps seem to run the show anyway. lol

Please post some pictures soon, I love cichlids!
180g- Mostly BIG fish and some coral. ~80g Nuvo- My coral tank with "happy fish"~ 90g- FOWLR Not the not happy type of fish~ 125g- Freshwater Malawi Cichlids ~10g- Nuvo- The refugees from the Ich of '18
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:04 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
I currently have mbunas' and haps in my tank. Everyone gets along perfectly. The haps seem to run the show anyway. lol

Please post some pictures soon, I love cichlids!
Yes it seems that one of my haps is in control also lol

Tags
lake malawi, malawi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com