Lake malawi mix.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kenny69

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all just wondering what your thoughts are on my Malawi community so far. 6x electric yellows 4x peacocks ( Jacobs) 4x venustus. Plan on a featherfin cat and some pseudotrpheus acei in the near future. Please tell me that this mix will be okay.... Or not. I know the venustus will grow large so I have set up a 100 gal 5 ft tank for them, hopefully that's big enough all-though maybe not for four. Thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys...,,,,,

I think it sounds ok. I had 2 venustus in my 5' 150g up until last week when I decided to tear it down and convert it to a planted tank. I had 2x venustus, 18x acei, 12x yellow labs, 6x kenyi, 2x red zebra, 2x auratus, 3x strawberry peacocks, and 3x bumblebees. I would say you have plenty of room to add some more fish in there.

I think it sounds ok. I had 2 venustus in my 5' 150g up until last week when I decided to tear it down and convert it to a planted tank. I had 2x venustus, 18x acei, 12x yellow labs, 6x kenyi, 2x red zebra, 2x auratus, 3x strawberry peacocks, and 3x bumblebees. I would say you have plenty of room to add some more fish in there.

How were the acei's? they look beautiful, but will they get mauled or stand their ground? I plan to slowly stock it up, right now I have it very lightly stocked while the tank settles in.

Cheers

I currently have mbunas' and haps in my tank. Everyone gets along perfectly. The haps seem to run the show anyway. lol

Please post some pictures soon, I love cichlids!

I currently have mbunas' and haps in my tank. Everyone gets along perfectly. The haps seem to run the show anyway. lol

Please post some pictures soon, I love cichlids!

Yes it seems that one of my haps is in control also lol

Back
Top Bottom