mbuna compability?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello i have 5 mbun one large adult and 4 1 inch babies, im thinkin on adding 1 rainbow shark and i wanted to see which other cool lookin, ive been told some can of cat fish i know i have seen pics of them but i cant find little ones (1-2 inches) in amy petstores around i asked on the phone and they only have mature ones so what other fish could i keep, also the rainbow shark im about to get will it be fine with them and i have a 75 gal that used to be mt reef tank wit all those rocks may i add another shark???????

ya but im really really really confused about it ypu got no idea i got ppl here telling me no i went to petco they said yes i went to petsmart they said no and i went to 4 of the best LFS here in slc and half said yes and half said no and i seen no lie a 55 galon tank wit 4 adult or atleast 6" rainbow sharks and red tail sharks in the same tank wit out figting here its my tank after many many many hors of cleanin and tryin to get my fluval 404 to work

2 rainbow sharks need at least 125 gallons to not kill each other.

i think upside down catfish are good with africans,you could get a few of those and a rainbow shark.

Check out syndontis petricola. I believe they are from lake tang(?) But they like hard water like mbuna and they might even breed by tricking the cichlids into holding there eggs like in the wild.

LFS and chain stores are KNOWN for bad advice and varying degrees of knowledge. Some whatever it takes to sell you fish! Just because you see 100 fish crammed into a 59 gallon tank doesn't make it RIGHT... these are for short term only, same as the 6 inch fish you saw un a tank... They may have got along while your there... But it's not a perm. Situation. I've seen stores have HUGE oscars, pacu and flowerhorn in tanks they can hardly move in... Does it make it RIGHT? Most of the people on here WANT to do right, not just throw a bunch if fish together regardless of their needs... We actually CARE and STRIVE to make our tanks a happy home for our finned pets. After all, ESP us multiple tank owners, have ALOT of money tied up in our set ups and fish. YOU turned to this forum for help... It's here for you to take and use... Hukit has given you some really good advice... As well as others in this and other posts. If you Truely want to do things right.... Listen to what ppl say.... Write it down, do your research.... Anyone have the link to the cichlids glossary? I just got this fon last week and didn't transfer stuff.

Back
Top Bottom