mixing cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stone1269

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have jack dempseys and a Texas green a buttterkoff tilapia an albino flowerhorn (just wat I call him) lol a cpl small convicts in my 150g I was wondering could I put some Africans in with them I already have 1 albino African and an ACEI? and 1 electric blue johanni

It's not recommended to be mixing cichlids from different areas. Look up the different water parameters each fish needs and you will see why. PH is the biggie.

So should I rehome the African and ACEI and johanni u think?

Yes. Choose a lake and stick with it. My personal preference is African since the colors are gorgeous.

Yes they are but I have to keep my JD because he is so large (well over a ft long) I fear that someone with a smaller tank will buy him and he would b miserable I also recently lucked up on a black diamond cichlid and have him and a green terror in a 35g grow out tank just waiting to get big enough to move in with the bigger ones

toddnbecka said:
The buttikofferi will kill everything else on the tank when it matures.

I have a hard time believing that lol my JD and my FH are pretty mean themselves and I think my black diamond will b a pretty tough guy as well

stone1269 said:
I have a hard time believing that lol my JD and my FH are pretty mean themselves and I think my black diamond will b a pretty tough guy as well

Yeah but they won't get as big.

Well that sucks guess I will b lookin for him a new home lol

Back
Top Bottom