Mumma's Holding !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stumpyjr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Guys and Gals,
I am still kinda new to cichlids after a 35 year lay-off....but it looks like one of my Mbuna's is holding, (from my past experiance). I will try and upload some pics. Oh........could someone give me a positive ID on here ? Please ? My girlfriend has named her "Spike", because of her attitude. She will be in a 30 gallon with a bristlenose and a Syndontis....is that ok? Thanks.

Sorry about quality off pics.....new at this I-phone and computer stuff also.....
P.S. When can I expect to see some little ones if all goes well ?

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 88
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
She should hold them for a 3-4 weeks before letting them out. She looks like she may.have been holding for awhile so it may not take her a whole lot longer to spit them out. Can you get a picture of her not in a cave for a better id?

Well as I stated in your other thread, it looks like a kenyi. And depending on how long she's been holding you could see fry anywhere from now to a month from now. Do you see wigglers in her mouth?

Help

She should hold them for a 3-4 weeks before letting them out. She looks like she may.have been holding for awhile so it may not take her a whole lot longer to spit them out. Can you get a picture of her not in a cave for a better id?

I'll try Andrew. Thanks for your help. Don't have a good camera , only I-phone. Another member said it could be a Kenyi...(spelling) ?

Back
Top Bottom