My 200 mbuna tank set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaman1978

Aquarium Advice Freak
Finally got my tank into the house. I had to support the floor under the tank to hold the weight. Got the plumbing hooked up, tank decorated, working on getting my sump tank hooked up, and set up. Hopefully get water and some old media out of my other tank and get this this cycling.

Attachments

• image-2898994121.jpg
    image-2898994121.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 174
Looks good even empty. Is the rock work loose or held together with scilcone? Smart move with the egg crate. I know it's going to house cichlids, but it'd make a killer reptile display tank:)

CL can be your friend if you know what your looking for. Got my current 29g with light and hood off of a CL trade and my 10 was from a yard sale.

CL can be your friend if you know what your looking for. Got my current 29g with light and hood off of a CL trade and my 10 was from a yard sale.

I have found several really good deals on cl. The only bad thing is most time the tanks are trashed. You will have to really search to find what you really want.

Looks good, I do worry about some of those stacked rocks. I would add a couple big boulders to give more of a contrast in the scape.

BTW based off those dimensions that tank is 180-183 gallons not 200g.

I like the rock layout except the stacked ones in the back with the slate, I'd lose those and out some more larger boulders and stack from there. This way all the rocks are uniform and more natural looking in my opinion. Awesome start, now put some big glass banger Central American cichlids in there and call it a day!

I have found several really good deals on cl. The only bad thing is most time the tanks are trashed. You will have to really search to find what you really want.

It's a gamble for sure. If you get a tank that doesn't hold water, you can either reseal it or flip and sell as is for a reptile tank.

Yeah I still have to get Some pool filter sand for my sub straight, as for the flat rock in the tank that's about the only way I can get a few little caves in the tank. Thinking about getting some fake plants to try and hide them a little. Not my first choose either but I want my fish to have a place to hide. Hukit I found a few nice Central Americans in Owensboro yesterday. They are some beautiful fish but I already have mbunas lined out once tank is cycled

Yeah I still have to get Some pool filter sand for my sub straight, as for the flat rock in the tank that's about the only way I can get a few little caves in the tank. Thinking about getting some fake plants to try and hide them a little. Not my first choose either but I want my fish to have a place to hide. Hukit I found a few nice Central Americans in Owensboro yesterday. They are some beautiful fish but I already have mbunas lined out once tank is cycled

Booo get some Centrals!!! You can always get a cheap 55 for some Mbuna ;-) .

I have an 86 gallon tank I built I could keep them in. Will have to do some ca and sa cichlids searching now.

My favorites are Thorichtys, Herichthys and Cryptoheros, there's also some larger wild type livebearers that would look great with them.

After a quick look on aquabid I saw a few very beautiful fish I like. Nicraguense, rainbow cichlids, cryptohero Honduran red piping rio, nanolutues,

Cryptoheros is by far my favorite genus, I breed.

Cutteri.
Sajica.
Chetumalensis.
Septemfasciatus.
Mrynae.
Honduran sp.
Panamensis.
Nanoletues.

Back
Top Bottom