My Blue Cichlid, loss of coloration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DannyLeaike

Aquarium Advice Newbie
He was a nice vibrant sky blue for a long time but now he just turned into this grayish blue and the stripes are only a darker color. He aint what he used to be. Anything wrong with him? His diet is the same as it has always been, water quality is good. I hear talk of it may be because its either he is actually a SHE or because there is lack of a female in the tank? Any ideas?

This is him

Attachments

• Marley.jpg
    Marley.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 163
Oh yea I can't do that on my Ipod either. Anyways any ideas about why he is so pale? Practically white...mabey I should rename him to ghost lol

Its just how cichlids are. the more you have the less you'll see it. Its usually because the other one is more dominating so he will lose his color to look like a female. And not get picked on

Same thing happens to mine. But it comes back really dark blue at night.

You have to understand there's a chemistrey you have to be aware of when having cichlids. I've had cichlids for many years and have done a lot of research on them. So all I'm trying to say the m/ore fish you have in your tank the more the dominating fish gets distracted and doesn't make that cichlid loose its color. Hope this makes sense

Yea, it really is what I thought it was all along was the fact it just wasn't the "big hoss" of the tank anymore. Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

Back
Top Bottom