My chilid- help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richellexoxo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello guys!!! I'm new to this forum so hopefully I get good advices. I had bought 90 gallon 4 months ago and I have 13 chilid but three weeks ago one yellow electric started to dark n had spot on side. I thought he was bitten till few days it got bigger n deeper which I figured was fungus growth. So I went to petco n asked n bought the med n did as what instruction were told but see no improvement. He still swim n eat but look like very weak everytime he try swim he floats down back n lays on same spot. I thought he would be dead already but he seem to fight it. Any way to save him? I also notice everytime I come close he pop n swim then little blood come out of ucer

Richellexoxo said:
Hello guys!!! I'm new to this forum so hopefully I get good advices. I had bought 90 gallon 4 months ago and I have 13 chilid but three weeks ago one yellow electric started to dark n had spot on side. I thought he was bitten till few days it got bigger n deeper which I figured was fungus growth. So I went to petco n asked n bought the med n did as what instruction were told but see no improvement. He still swim n eat but look like very weak everytime he try swim he floats down back n lays on same spot. I thought he would be dead already but he seem to fight it. Any way to save him? I also notice everytime I come close he pop n swim then little blood come out of ucer

Hi, do you own a test kit?
What are you ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?
What are all the fish and their sizes?
How often do you change the water and how much?
Can you post a picture?

Mumma.of.two said:
Hi, do you own a test kit?
What are you ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH?
What are all the fish and their sizes?
How often do you change the water and how much?
Can you post a picture?

x10000000 what Mumma said. We need more info.

I'll take picture in the morning and no I do not own test. I'll buy one tomorrow. Which brand is best?

I'll take picture in the morning and no I do not own test. I'll buy one tomorrow. Which brand is best?

Do you know what cycling is?

if so, did you cycle the tank before adding fish?

if not, check out this link! I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

I did see that you've had the tank for 4 months, but if you're replacing filter media and/or not dosing your water changes correctly with dechlor you could still be mid cycle.

Also.. +1 on API Master Test Kit.

Richellexoxo said:

Here's the picture

image-211630977.jpg

What is that? It has been three weeks. I gave treatment but no improvement

How is that even possible? And, it is a Venustus not a electric yellow. I dont know how he could survive that.

Just deep hole but he still swim up to food when I feed but lays same spot for weeks. I think fungus infection

I been feeding omega chilid small pellets. Will it harm if I feed blood worm

I dont know that there is a treatment for something that far along. Keeping the water pristine with water changes will go a long way though.

I'm so sorry to read about you Cichlid. This is so terrible, you must be so worried!

I don't know what would cause this but good luck with treating him :-(

Did you move him to a QT so not to infect your other fish?

I once had a tank with piranhas and one got attacked by the others.About a third of its body had been eaten.I removed the fish and put it in quarantine,Had the temperature at 85 degrees and added a little salt.Amazingly it recovered and most of its flesh and tail re-grew.So there's always hope :)

Back
Top Bottom