My tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The eye biter? Wats the species real name? I had one long ago but never knew wat it was but turned out to b 1my fav fish lol do they really bite the eyes?? Mine turned an awesome mettalic blue when he got bigger I called him a bullet cichlid cause he was the fastest fish I ever seen lol 1 of these days I would like to find another hopefully. Btw awesome tank!!

Malawi eye biter
Scientific Name: Dimidiochromis compressiceps
Maximum Size: 11″ inches
Temperature Range: 78 – 82 °F
pH Range: 7.8 – 8.6
Water Hardness: Hard
Temperament: Peaceful to mildly aggressive
Origin: Lake Malawi

No they get the name eye biter unfairly
I have never seen any eye biting from mine.
I believe the name came from fishermen who found compressiceps in their nets and some of the other fish in their nets had eyes missing.They put 2 and 2 together and made 3 giving this beautiful fish a rather vicious name.
Yes they are very quick aren't they.Bullet would be an apt name :)

I never knew they got that big lol thanx mine wasn't the most aggressive n the tank but he def had the most heart he would fight with his much much larger tankmates quite often and literally run circles around them he was so fast the other fish would eventually just get tired and leave his area. I haven't thought of that lil guy n yrs so thanx for stirring up old memories lol I posted a ? About sexing brichardi do u have any info on them and if u don't mind could u take a look at the pics of my flowerhorn I posted an give me ur opinion? Thanx again

Back
Top Bottom