Need help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zinnib123

Aquarium Advice Freak
What african cichlids can i stock in a 200 litre ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure on liters but if that's comparable to a 55 gallon there's a few options. The smaller mbuna would be my first choice

That size tank is very popular with mbuna keepers. So your options are pretty much open in that area. I don't keep them so I wont begin to suggest types.

If I was to keep africans I would look into calvus, comps, brichard, and kribensis they have really cool shapes and allot less of the chasing around all the time. Maybe throw in a peacock for a splash of color.

I want to breed them which is an ideal newbie breeder besides kirbs

Kribs

I don't keep them so I wont begin to suggest types.

If I was to keep africans I would look into calvus, comps, brichard, and kribensis they have really cool shapes and allot less of the chasing around all the time. Maybe throw in a peacock for a splash of color.

Huh interesting, I smell a contradiction!

Kribs are west African and should not be mixed with rift lake cichlids. Also Kribs and brichardi do allot of chasing, you've obviously kept neither.

In a 200 liter I would go with some smaller West African or Victorian cichlids. Take a look at:

- Pelvicachromis taeniatus: Kienke, Wouri, Nyete, lobe, moliwe or wouri
- Astatotilapia aeneocolor
- Haplochromis sp. "dayglow"
- Haplochromis sp. "ruby"
- Pseudocrenilabrus multicolor "victoriae"

Those should give you a good jumping off point.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thankyou i will look into them i have kept kribs but they were on their own in a tank lovely fish and great personalities

Huh interesting, I smell a contradiction!

Kribs are west African and should not be mixed with rift lake cichlids. Also Kribs and brichardi do allot of chasing, you've obviously kept neither.

In a 200 liter I would go with some smaller West African or Victorian cichlids. Take a look at:

- Pelvicachromis taeniatus: Kienke, Wouri, Nyete, lobe, moliwe or wouri
- Astatotilapia aeneocolor
- Haplochromis sp. "dayglow"
- Haplochromis sp. "ruby"
- Pseudocrenilabrus multicolor "victoriae"

Those should give you a good jumping off point.

I wasn't suggesting all of them together. I was making suggestions of what he could keep that are african that aren't mbuna. And you obviously haven't kept them because Brichardi are one of the most passive cichlids I have ever seen and kribs keep territorties they dont do the random chasing that I see about mbuna.

Its so hard to make a suggestion on this site without gaurding every little thing you say

so hear it goes again. If I had that size tank and wanted africans I would look into kribs or calvus or comps of brichardi.

I wasn't suggesting all of them together. I was making suggestions of what he could keep that are african that aren't mbuna. And you obviously haven't kept them because Brichardi are one of the most passive cichlids I have ever seen and kribs keep territorties they dont do the random chasing that I see about mbuna.

Its so hard to make a suggestion on this site without gaurding every little thing you say

so hear it goes again. If I had that size tank and wanted africans I would look into kribs or calvus or comps of brichardi.

Take some time then formulate a legible thought that expresses what you mean. The way you had it worded made it indeed sound like you were suggesting keeping them all together.

I have indeed kept Chalinochromis brichardi, they are mildly aggressive to other fish as well conspecifics. They aren't nearly as bad as some but can have a mean streak.

I don't have a problem with you per say. I have a problem when people regurgitate the same out dated information over and over that's filled with inaccuracies. Then goes and posts something completely contradictory. Mostly because they don't have the experience they back up their "advice".

Back
Top Bottom