Need help identify fish :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DrearyGrayWorld

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408331609.555288.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408331636.532545.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408331677.151558.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408333641.842991.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408333733.477350.jpg

Ok I got couple fish here I'm not completely sure about.. I know two of them are jack Dempseys rest I'm kinda guessing XD.

Any help is very appreciated

1: I think it's electric blue jack Dempsey (male) 4.5-5inch
(not sure just a guess)

2: I was told it was a 2.5-3 inch female jack Dempsey from the store I got it from... I think they where wrong :/...

3: I think this is another (male?) jack Dempsey not sure on sex 4-4.5 inch

4: not sure what type of cichlid this is I think it's very common so should be hard to identify

5: this is another Jd about 3 inch just not sure on sex XD

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

2 is a Texas Cichlid
4 appears to be some sort of Acara

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I was afraid it was a Texas cichlid thanks a lot :) I'll research the other fish now you helped lots

4 is an electric blue acara

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Acara? Wow I was trying so hard to figure out what he was.
I know nothing about theses fish I feel bad.. Well I'll still try my hardest and give them best home I can
doing water changes atm what a pain in the butt I think I need a pump to pump the water out XD

I got a 120,75,55,55,30,15gall tanks I'm useing buckets and a siphon to pull water out and to put water in I been useing my canister filters I'll pull the inlet hose out of tank and put in bucket to filter once before water goes in tank.. Is that a good idea XD?

Look into the python or similar changer makes it a lot faster.

And by the way those are all awesome cichlids

Aww thanks haha XD make a great cichlid tank :) I got an pretty Oscar too :) there all buddy's all but the Electric blue they don't seem to like him much they don't fight though

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409908623.646254.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409908663.917897.jpg

Does anyone know what this algae eater is and how to feed it, it was sold to me as a Chinese algae eater but when I looked up online doesn't appear to be one. I am worried it may starve to death as my tank is pretty clean and it will not go on the bottom of the tank to eat algae wafers.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

That Texas is nice it has a really nice pattern I think it is a mix between the cyano and carpinti but that is just a guess. I think you are going to have a really beauty when he gets older. Watch out for that acara the texas will do fine and then one day will go nuts on everything. The Jack Dempseys should be able to hold there own.

Reticulated hill stream loach, aka a Borneo sucker

Back
Top Bottom