New 55 looking for stocking/compatibility help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkyRocker

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. I've got a new (to me) 55 gallon tank and after years of a 29 gallon I'm looking forward to setting up an Mbuna tank. Water is naturally hard here, 7.5 pH, tank has been cycling for 2 weeks using Prime, media and filter from my 29, and 7 neons. For filtration I've got an Emperor 400 (came with tank) and 2 Aquaclear 50's. Substrate is sand, with 2 rock piles - 1 about 1/2 way up and one about 1/4 of the way up with plenty of caves and I'm going to try to pile them up a little more before I add the fish.

After researching I think I can get about 12 fish of the type(s) that I'm considering: Acei, Rusty's, and Electric Yellow Labs. I'd like to get some opinions on my choices as well as any alternate choices that I could consider. I'm going to an auction that from what I hear draws buyers and sellers from 2 states away.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Wow, 50 views and no one wants to help me out? No advice at all? Similar requests for help/advice on stocking, compatibility, etc posted before and since my post got at least 1 or 2 replies. I thought this was a pretty friendly place from the posts that I've been reading since I registered about a week ago. Oh well, thanks anyway "Aquarium advice"...

Wow you don't have to be a jerk about things. Maybe people don't know the answer?

Hello all. I've got a new (to me) 55 gallon tank and after years of a 29 gallon I'm looking forward to setting up an Mbuna tank. Water is naturally hard here, 7.5 pH, tank has been cycling for 2 weeks using Prime, media and filter from my 29, and 7 neons. For filtration I've got an Emperor 400 (came with tank) and 2 Aquaclear 50's. Substrate is sand, with 2 rock piles - 1 about 1/2 way up and one about 1/4 of the way up with plenty of caves and I'm going to try to pile them up a little more before I add the fish.

After researching I think I can get about 12 fish of the type(s) that I'm considering: Acei, Rusty's, and Electric Yellow Labs. I'd like to get some opinions on my choices as well as any alternate choices that I could consider. I'm going to an auction that from what I hear draws buyers and sellers from 2 states away.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Maybe nobody replied because you don't NEED advice necessarily, your whole setup, and stock list sounds pretty solid. And I do that a lot, just graze on here when I'm bored, read people's posts, setups, and don't respond to them that often, don't take it personal. Another common couple mbunas to check out would be red zebras, demasonis, or Kenyis, all pretty popular, colorful fish.

Back
Top Bottom