New 90 gal mbuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally set up my 90 that was in garage and stocked today. It has Rena filstar xpl and xpxl canisters. Stocked to max amount with all under 2 inch fish except for 3 peacocks I moved in and a acei and larger lab. Added 5 pseudo saulosi, 5 pseudo Polit, and 5 labido hongi. Also has 4 labido chisumulae. Will post pics in morn once water clears. Used mostly river rock that I had but need more height. Fish are so small that I'm ok w how it is now.

Here's pic of how it looks now. Haven't put the wood top on yet. It's poring and its in garage ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389507546.231762.jpg

I really like it apart from adding more height to your hardscape as you have stated I think it's excellent. I love the river rock, can I see two wavemakers at the edges of the photos ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree. I like the river rock but getting heights gonna be tough. I wish I had smaller ones I could make more of a like with. I have lots of slate on hand but f
Don't like the the way it looked mixed In before on old tank.

Those wave makers are more of just circulation pumps to move water and keep sand clean of waste. Going to upgrade to the koralia ones soon. They're much smaller.

looks good but agree you need more height. Might need a different type of rock for that.

Yah. It's ok now as they're so small. I have a friend with a buttload of left over blue flagstone from a landscaping job. I may wait for these to get all cruddy and then swap it out

If you don't mind spending a little money you could always stack some Universal Rock on top. I know they make some that resembles river rock. That way you will be adding little to no weight

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tank looks sweet. Does this mean you will be looking to get rid of the 72 gal?

Tank looks sweet. Does this mean you will be looking to get rid of the 72 gal?

I'm not sure yet. My father may be looking to take it. He has a semi claim in on it! If not would you be interested? We are going to be gluing the center brace on top back together. It broke during last move. I was weary but still set it up anyway and it was fine for over a year but I was unable to use the glass tops it came with.

Y keep me in mind if he doesn't take it. You're near Boston right?

Back
Top Bottom