New Cichlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alec77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone
I'm new to cichlids and I guess I'm kinda new to having a decent tank setup in general. It's a 70L tank. Yesterday I got 2 electric yellows and 2 blue veiltail rams?(i think that's the name of them) and they are doing really well together so far.

Basically what I am asking is if anyone has any tips and ticks they want to let me know of to help me along the way with this cichlid tank and also, what other cichlids can i put with the 4 I have when I decide to get more?

Hey everyone
I'm new to cichlids and I guess I'm kinda new to having a decent tank setup in general. It's a 70L tank. Yesterday I got 2 electric yellows and 2 blue veiltail rams?(i think that's the name of them) and they are doing really well together so far.

Basically what I am asking is if anyone has any tips and ticks they want to let me know of to help me along the way with this cichlid tank and also, what other cichlids can i put with the 4 I have when I decide to get more?

Plan ahead what stock you want. although many say no, you can mix mbuna, haps, and peacocks. I do agree on not mixing old world with new world cichlids.

Do not add one fish at a time as the current tenants will get upset and beat up the new guy. I found it better to add 2-3 at a time so it reduces the chances of 1 fish getting beaten to death.

Best of luck and post pics of your set up.

Back
Top Bottom