New Cicihlid Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rocks aren't super important for Haps, mine normally only go near them when they "sleep" at night. I would do two or 3 decent size plies and leave allot of open sand/water. Allot of the Haps will sift through the sand looking for food.

Like Garfy said I wouldn't mix the peacocks with Haps but the more aggressive Haps would ok with Mbuna. I personally like an all hap tank.

I use pool filter sand which is a larger grain size than the black moon sand or cichlid sand and I haven't had any issues with it getting sucked up into the filters.

when I got the tank it came with a filtration/ chiller set up for salt so I should be good there. and I should be good with sand as well since the previous owner used sand now I have to determine if the holes in the back of the bank are return wholes and if so what type of water pressure and speed they are returning with I'll post pictures once I get off or work so you'll know what I am talking about.

Rocks aren't super important for Haps, mine normally only go near them when they "sleep" at night. I would do two or 3 decent size plies and leave allot of open sand/water. Allot of the Haps will sift through the sand looking for food.

Like Garfy said I wouldn't mix the peacocks with Haps but the more aggressive Haps would ok with Mbuna. I personally like an all hap tank.

I use pool filter sand which is a larger grain size than the black moon sand or cichlid sand and I haven't had any issues with it getting sucked up into the filters.

I found some info on pool sand. I think with all the feed back I've gotten I should have this tank up and running in a month or so I have to finish the based because the tank was flush mounted in a wall so the the based is only framed out and need to be finished

I use pool sand in all my tanks now, I bought 3 bags for $30 bucks and had enough for my 125, 55, 15 and I still have 3/4 of a bag left. It's great stuff! I can't wait to see your set up.

Back
Top Bottom