New oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Christmas is way too far away for your fish.The filtration is inadequate and so is the tank size .I know you think I'm getting at you but I'm only interested in your fish really.

Op is just showing off his fish, no advice is wanted or needed.

I didnt comment on the tank size earlier for this reason.

Gboy66 said:
Op is just showing off his fish, no advice is wanted or needed.

I didnt comment on the tank size earlier for this reason.

There is a section for showing off, honestly I like this forum because people aren't afraid to speak up when they see something wrong. IMO, you can't expect to show off without getting critiqued one way or another. Not being confrontational, just being opinionated.

Readingexcalibur said:
There is a section for showing off, honestly I like this forum because people aren't afraid to speak up when they see something wrong. IMO, you can't expect to show off without getting critiqued one way or another. Not being confrontational, just being opinionated.

But the thread is getting way off topic IMO. If the op is against the help, quit trying to do anything about it. Just respect his/her decision and move on.

honestly i think if you got rid of the JD you could keep the oscar in that tank long term, it isnt that much smaller then the recommended 75 gallon. and on other forums i have heard many times that a 50 gallon is suitable for one oscar, not that i agree with that exactly, but people have different opinions. i think if the op is willing to do water changes frequently to keep the water in good conditions the oscar will be perfectly fine. He already improved its living conditions by saving him from a neglectful owner, cut him a little slack.

But the thread is getting way off topic IMO. If the op is against the help, quit trying to do anything about it. Just respect his/her decision and move on.

This thread isn't off topic at all. If he wanted to show off his new setup there is a section for that, this one is for cichlid discussion, so posters should expect to get opinions when they post in here.

That said, I think everyone has gotten their point across, and there is a general consensus that is all saying the same basic things, so no sense in continuing to beat a dead horse.

jetajockey said:
This thread isn't off topic at all. If he wanted to show off his new setup there is a section for that, this one is for cichlid discussion, so posters should expect to get opinions when they post in here.

That said, I think everyone has gotten their point across, and there is a general consensus that is all saying the same basic things, so no sense in continuing to beat a dead horse.

Considering he is just trying to show off his new purchase, i'd say critisizing him for it is a little but too far. JMHO but it doesnt matter haha

I uaually don't comment on threads like this. But I do understand having a tank big enough for a fish comfort and well being, but at the same time it is ok to overstock a cichlid tank to curb aggression. Shouldn't the same rules apply? Good water parms and large and often water changes? I for one have never had a Oscar so I will not comment on their care, and I don't think anyone has a right to comment on a fish's care unless they have this fish. Every situation is different, no cut and dry rules.

Cool Oscar!! thats all I have to say just going to keep my mouth shut:)

My jack Dempsey

Attachments

• image-2700591736.jpg
    image-2700591736.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 97
Got left hood fixed

Attachments

• image-2806719706.jpg
    image-2806719706.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 83
Back
Top Bottom