new set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kado

Aquarium Advice Activist
thinking of starting a new tank. if I get it it will be 3feet long 1foot deep and 1foot wide. about 180ltrs I think.
a friend of mine is giving it away with 2 maingano and 1 bumblebee. all about 2 inches long at this stage.
would these be fine in that size tank and would they work together or would there be aggression issues? any advice would be a big help. thanks

yeah I thought so. that's probably why he's giving it all away.
cheers

those fish do look very good tho. what's the minimum tank size for bumble bee and maingano. if I were thinking of getting some. and what are the recommended numbers for each?

The bees get quite large 8" and are very aggressive, you might be able to pull them off in a 120 gallon stout 4x2x2. That's the smallest I'd try them in or if you can get a 6' tank then you could do a tank of the large aggressive Mbuna.

thanks again mate. I have been looking at a 5x2x2. sounds like that might be a good option I really like the look of the mbuna.

thanks again mate. I have been looking at a 5x2x2. sounds like that might be a good option I really like the look of the mbuna.

They really are one of the cooler looking ones, a 5x2x2 would work great. Look into Metriaclima sp. "dolphin" (Ndonga), they would look really cool with a group of the Pseudotropheus crabro" Bumble Bee" (y)

Back
Top Bottom