New tank is here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
Finally got my new tank, it's a 260g

So need stocking advice. [emoji51]
And ideas of what y'all would do with a tank of this size. Lol this would be my biggest tank ever and I'm not 100% sure how to go about using it haha
IMG_1476867657.339018.jpg

Beast!! I'd do a pygmy bull shark!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bahahahhaah I know right...

Oddly I never liked old world but I thought a show tank full of color would be kinda cool. I'm just afraid I'd get bored I've always kept new worlds.

I'd hate to stock it with as many old worlds as it could hold and the fish cost more then the tank cost me. I got it for 300$ lol all it needs is a good cleaning and a re seal.

You want just sand,.wood and fish?? Plants? Odd balls? I'm growing more and more interested with puffers these days.

Oh it's gonna be cichlids for sure maybe some sort of cat as well or bichers.

But I just wanted to hear other people's ideas, who knows someone might be into something I haven't thought of.

Geez I don't think any of the big cichlid guys are around here anymore?? You see Garfys festi's??

I have man they are awesome. I went back looking at at some of the old cichlids guys stuff. And still didn't see anything beside the classics we all already like.

I thought about growing out some peacock bass for a year and selling them for some lyonsi, hoga's, or festae's.

And I STILL want to keep a butti since I never have. I think a spawning pair would be awesome on that tank they would get HUGE haha.. then I could see their real aggression as well. And I could section off a divider safe space for the female when needed.

Geez I don't think any of the big cichlid guys are around here anymore?? You see Garfys festi's??

Im a big cichlid guy. I would do Peacocks and Haps. You could get some pretty big Haps in there. Electric Blue ahli and Venustus would definitely be on my list. As for aquascaping, look up pictures of cichlid tanks. White sand with stones looks cool.

I'm guessing Africans are out in this one ;)

Haha that's what's up, gonna have to link up for drinks one time I come out to DC often, and do a lot of work in the city.

Or if you ever plan a trip out to one of your lfs get at me I'm always looking for someone to nerd out with about the hobby. Haha

Haha that's what's up, gonna have to link up for drinks one time I come out to DC often, and do a lot of work in the city.

Or if you ever plan a trip out to one of your lfs get at me I'm always looking for someone to nerd out with about the hobby. Haha

Will do! Although the fish stores around here are terrible lol was thinking about going out to Leesburg soon for the 40 planted I'm setting up soon, need some good spider wood. House of Tropicals is one of the only LFS I'll go to around here lol

As for your tank. Definitely a big pair of amphi hogaboomorum!

Hoogooboogihimumum!!

Back
Top Bottom