Next project...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can peacock bass be kept in an aquarium? Hehe. Those are cool.

Yeah, they don't grow nearly as large in tanks, as they do in the wild. My cheapo mono's are not going to top 20" I doubt. The 4 of them can live in my 240 for life. Def, some cool fish though, TONS of personality, they are ALWAYS, at the glass begging for food. I can see how they cost a ton to feed at adult size. Cause at 3-4" mine eat 4 frozen bw cubes daily. (Which is also driving me nuts! Raaaaarw eat a pellet!!!)

Aski247 said:
Any way to put a id to that pike. It's on CL around me for free, but it has to be one of the larger ones to work with my future stock.

That's a sveni. I have one and they only grow around 7". That's not a good choice.

Which ones grow the largest out of all the complexes? I always thought it was chanchos, then Hogaboomorum's?

Which by the way... Both of those are just cool to say.. Hahaha. Probably a factor in why I like them so much.

That's correct about chanchos , then hogaboomorum, citrinellus, labiatus, amarillo, and trimaculatus are all around the same 14-16" range.

Such a regal creature, the FM commands respect from everyone and gets it from no one.

You have to give them some credit, I've had mine flare at a 10" charging bull only to get sacked like a rookie QB.

Last edited:
HUKIT said:
You have to give them some credit, I've had mine flare at a 10" charging bull only to get sacked like a rookie QB.

I love fish that forget their station in life.

Oh this is going to make hukit jelly...

So a guy on the CCA boards just tempted me with lyonsi fry... And instead of paying shipping I think next week I'm going to go pick up about 6-8 of them in hopes for two pair that I can grow out and pick the better of.

His are f1 I believe.

Haha I love keeping fish, options and stock never are what they are until you commit and buy em.

Back
Top Bottom