Odd Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WendiDell

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm in the process of building my Angelfish tank stock. So far I have 2 Gold veil tail and 2 Koi colored Angelfish. And I'm waiting on an order of 2 Platinum Veil Tail and 3 Long Fin Albino BN Plecos.
They are all eating and growing well, with no signs of obvious illness. But the biggest Koi Angel swims with his nose pointed down to the bottom of the tank at all times, except when eating. But as soon as he's done eating, it's nose down again.:confused:
Is this just a weird fish or should I be worried? He's been like this for a few months and none of the others do it.
My water parameters are, Ammonia 0ppm, NitrItes 0ppm, NitrAtes 5ppm, pH 7.0. I do PWC every Sun. and Wed., without fail. I even do them when I have a migraine, not easy but, their little lives depend on me so sick or not they get PWC.
So what would make an Angelfish swim and hang around like that?
Oh, and as far as the pecking order goes he's the top dog so to speak, so he's not being picked on either.
Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated, thanks

Back
Top Bottom