OMG IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP NEEDED ASAP!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fsh said:
cdawson said:
fsh, I didn't see you mention it but I sure hope you removed the 2nd female. If you don't the pair will surely kill her.

What do you mean? The other krib wasn't a female, it was a smaller male and both the male and the female always chased and bit him. (even before the babies). So I seperated him.

I didn't see you mention that it wasn't a female, you previously thought they were all females. Anyways, that's beside the point. Good idea on removing the other fish.

How are the fry doing?
The best way to raise dwarf cichlid and apisto fry is to grow live plants in the tank.
Plants, especially plants such as java moss are an excellent place for infusoria (or microfauna) to grow and thrive. It's an excellent source of nutrients for the fry until they can accept larger foods such as crushed flakes and newly hatched brine shrimp. Newly hatched brine shrimp and crushed flakes are the best for kribs and apistos, the parents will also pre-chew food for them. Cichlids in general do a really good job raising fry for you if just left to it. However, you need to provide them with as natural a setting as possible.I'm afraid if you're using driftwood, rocks and fake plants you're going to have to help out.

cdawson said:
How are the fry doing?
The best way to raise dwarf cichlid and apisto fry is to grow live plants in the tank.
Plants, especially plants such as java moss are an excellent place for infusoria (or microfauna) to grow and thrive. It's an excellent source of nutrients for the fry until they can accept larger foods such as crushed flakes and newly hatched brine shrimp. Newly hatched brine shrimp and crushed flakes are the best for kribs and apistos, the parents will also pre-chew food for them. Cichlids in general do a really good job raising fry for you if just left to it. However, you need to provide them with as natural a setting as possible.I'm afraid if you're using driftwood, rocks and fake plants you're going to have to help out.

Yes I know how to distinguish males from females now. The tank doesn't have any live plants or even driftwood. But I put in some lettuce as I read infusoria is supposed to grow on it after a couple of days. The tank is kind fo new to begin with & I didn't have any time to add stuff to it like plants. In fact, the kribs are the first fish that I bought for it and the only fish in there.

The fry seem to be doing good today. I gave them boiled egg yolk that turned into powder in the water that they ate & crushed flake. Although I am not sure if they are eating the crushed flake... The mother takes them on little trips around the tank. It's so cute! I never knew fry could get me so excited.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom