One Large Task...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtoZ Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello All! I have what I believe to be a HUGE task! I want to sex my whole aquarium! Im sure that with only a pic some of these should be nearly impossible to sex but I was hopeing to get as many as I can!

Okay so to start things off, Lets try these!

#1/Jewel

image-866934028.jpg

#2/Bee

image-714229003.jpg

#3/Auratus

image-2752352831.jpg

Are the females the yellow ones?
Does anybody know the Genders just from the photos?
If you would like another photo please let me know, I would love to have this tank sexed!
The photo of the jewel is one that was taken soon after lights where turned on so its kinda pale, If he or she wasnt so camera shy, I would snap one real quick.

Depending on how old the auratus is it could be female they turn black when mature, but like what was said best to vent them

Depending on how old the auratus is it could be female they turn black when mature, but like what was said best to vent them

Well if thats the case, im not sure if its even worth it? I have never vented before and I can just picture it being a disaster.

The jewel looks female but not 100% on this and the auratus Is a female

When your doing your next water change just lower the water enough for you to catch em and vent the ones you need. Not too hard

Alright Ill post pics if I can for each vent as I would like a second opinion on all. Thanks!

Here is all I could get! After I even caught the little suckers!!! I give up.

Attachments

• image-738472864.jpg
    image-738472864.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image-740335067.jpg
    image-740335067.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 39
  • image-3021145519.jpg
    image-3021145519.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom