Oscars are hiding????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's Native to Australia, check my gallery, they'll be under "Bazza", or "Gazza"
they grow up to 2 metres long in the wild, and weigh around 100 to 150 kg's..
mine are only 1/4 foot long..They are somewhat Brackish as they go to the mouth of the river to turn female and spawn at around a foot long, afterwards returning to the freshwater to live untill next spawn..
found in northern Australia, however, I'll be getting at least 1000gallon ponds to keep them in when they are of a decent size..they seem to adjust well to a cooler climate...(i'm in Mid Coastal Western Australia-ish)

here. (if this works)
by far the fastest and hardest fish to catch in an aquarium, that i've seen..
They're the best sports fish in Aus.
As u can see, they are shaped like a bullet...and swim like one to..

Attachments

• bazza_-_24-04-05.jpg
    bazza_-_24-04-05.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 31
those are pretty damn cool looking but they get too big for my taste. Ant thing that can eat my dog is too big for my aquarium. :lol:

hahaha they were going to be christmas lunch, but i'm too attached now..
spying out sum big tubs for them now :D
when they're big enough, i'm going to try flooding the tubs with saltwater, hopefully spawning them to release sum into my brothers dam for sport fishing all year round...
only problem is poachers..
real problem down that way...

Hey one question. I just talked to my dad and I am 95% sure that I am moving to Austrailia. How close is perth to sydney?? Looking and being there by middle of july. ( Just waiting to see if my dad gets the job)

perth is the opposite side of the country.
around 6500kms i think..don't hold me to that.
did you catch it then put it in your tank?
Nah mine are only babies @ 7-8" long.(7mnths old)
Bought them for $5 each @ 3" (2mnth old)
they can grow @ around 1kg per year
ie. "big f***ing fish"
fussy eaters...only eat raw meat that i swirl around the top of the tank,
as soon as it drops to under half the tank height, or anywhere near the bottom, they won't touch it.
It seems i've unknowingly hijjacked ur thread r6mason
Sorry mate !!

not a problem at all. it is an informationial forum for everyone. PLUS I am amazed by these fish you talk about also. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom