Our first non hybrid Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WendiDell

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I saw our first pure bred White Lab Fry. They are so small I only saw one so far, but I'm hoping there are a few more of them.
As soon as they can be seen I will post pics. But with white crushed shell/coral substrate and white fry, it may be a while yet before they can be seen in a photo.
But I'm thrilled to get fry that I can sell to back to the FS. Get back some of the hundreds of thousands of dollars I've put into all my tanks.

The next to spit will be my Electric Yellow Lab, any day now.

Good luck with your trade in, I'm currently taking down my fry tanks so I can run all the air lines to the new 40b's.

I'm switching the 20g longs for 40g breeders, that I was using for grow out CA cichlids.

OK, 40g makes much more sense than 40b.
Since I'm on such a small scale compared to your breeding set up, do you think a 29g with a couple of dividers would be big enough to use as a breeder/fry tank? My 2 10g tanks just aren't cutting it. They've already outgrown them and it's only going to be our third batch of fry.

A 29g would work well for fry with a divider, for longer grow out I like the longer tanks better. That's why I was using 3 twenty longs. What did you ever decide about letting them spit in the tank without removing holding females?

A 29g would work well for fry with a divider, for longer grow out I like the longer tanks better. That's why I was using 3 twenty longs. What did you ever decide about letting them spit in the tank without removing holding females?
I'm a big wuss, I can't stand the idea of them being eaten by other fish. I understand that in nature it's the way of things. But my tanks aren't nature, they are in a controlled environment that I'm responsible for. So It looks like I'll be needing a few tanks for Mom's and fry.
So do you think a couple of 20g long are a better choice than the 29g with dividers?

Theyre the same length but the 29g is taller so it's really up to you, I just happen to have six twenty longs from a previos purchase.

Theyre the same length but the 29g is taller so it's really up to you, I just happen to have six twenty longs from a previos purchase.

I guess I'll leave it to the fates. Which ever I can get for the best deal & the quickest from craigslist, is what I will get. I can't afford anything new or to be all that choosy.
Thank you for all your help.

The Petco dollar per gallon sale is on now, won't find a better deal than that for a new tank. Just picked up two more 40B today.

Sometimes stands go on sale but it's not associated with the dollar per gallon sale. They had a huge fish supply sale in January.

Back
Top Bottom