Peacock I.D.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phillips

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Bought this peacock last week from lfs. It was in a talk full of red empress juveniles that all looked a lot alike except for him. He's supposed to be the same according to them but as much researching as I've done it doesn't seem like he is. Could still be too early to tell but I just wanted some more opinions.

Attachments

• image-3958584032.jpg
    image-3958584032.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 109
Its too early to tell for sure but it could be a red shoulder, thats what mine looked like when it was a juvie.

Yea I know it's pretty early but from what I've seen it looks nothing like a red empress juvenile. Wouldn't mind if it was a red shoulder that's a nice looking fish.

This is the most common result I get for a red empress juvenile and female.

Attachments

• image-2640897977.jpg
    image-2640897977.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3216251338.jpg
    image-3216251338.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 83
Or a red shoulder is a pretty good guys too. One of the two though

I have a Rubescence that looks like yours. Could be a jacob also at this age could be any of 3 or 4 different ones.

He actually stood out to me in the tank at my lfs because he had a lot of orange and blues. But now they have turned into more blues and yellows. I would be happy if he turned into pretty much any of those y'all have mentioned or what he was supposed to be. I guess we will know more in a month or so.

He actually stood out to me in the tank at my lfs because he had a lot of orange and blues. But now they have turned into more blues and yellows. I would be happy if he turned into pretty much any of those y'all have mentioned or what he was supposed to be. I guess we will know more in a month or so.

I am sure he will look good either way Peacocks are all beauties.

I'd have to agree with river2k, my rubescence looks like its twin.

ForumRunner_20130929_113306.jpg

ForumRunner_20130929_113323.jpg

ForumRunner_20130929_113332.jpg

Maybe twin might be a stretch, mine is about 4.5 in and very colorful. Bad camera quality sorry.

That's a nice lookin fish. I kind of hope it's one of the others and not a reubin just because I already have one. But either way I'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom