Planted Discus Tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steven A

Aquarium Advice Addict
I would love to add plants to my discus tanks but I dont seem to have much look with them (in the past). I do not really want to have to purchase a CO2 system. This means that I will need a plant that does not require much light and CO2.
if any one has any suggestions please let me know. I would also like a form of plant that will grow on the gravel/tank floor. Please let me know any suggestions.

Thank you.

One of the best low-light creeping plants is Marsilea spp. (Water Clover). It resembles a large version of Glosso, grows in a similar manner, and does well, even in low light. I think it is available from www.azgardens.com :)

Thank you for the link it is great. Well Can Shrimp go with Discus. And Can you use silver sand as substrate in a planted discus tank?
I love the tank on the link which has the discus in. Near the huge circle table. WOW

I would guess that for the discus home you would want to be extra sure that the substrate was inert, and would not affect water parameters. I think a sandy bottom would be awesome, and easier to trap/remove fallen food. (or easier for the discus to graze!).

Java Fern, Annubius, and Cribs all do well in Discus tanks. More than not having CO2 injection, the heat of Discus water kills plants quickly. The above mentioned are good for high heat.

So I can try them plants and a silver sand substrate with my discus :)

Back
Top Bottom