Please give opinion video of lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everybody I'm looking for some votes from you all as to what you think looks better I'm about to post two links to two videos I just made testing out some new lights. The first video is with Finnex monster ray Color enhancing LED light it contains RGB LEDs to make colors pop along with Two of the aquatic life half blue half white LED strips This combo seems to give a little bit of a bluish color.
The second video is the monster Ray LED along with the Current LED plus fixture. This seems to give a more natural looking light with the orange popping.

Thanks for watching and let me know what you prefer

Option one w bluer lights - YouTube

Option two w current led+ and rgb monster ray - YouTube

I'm torn. I feel the blue looks too reef ish and I don't like too plain white either. I feel the monster add a bit to it. Makes yellows look orange tho. I am torn. Never will get right combo

The other 50/50 marine fusion light w the monster ray will have to wait till tomorrow. If I wake wifey removing canopy its my butt!

I think the Monster Ray & Current Satellite LED+ looks the best from what you've posted. However, if I were to do it all over again, I would have just went with two Current Sat+ lights. Reason? Well you can control both lights with 1 remote. And/or you can put both lights on a Current Ramp Timer -- which just adds to the already abundant features.

In fact, I'd probably sell the Finnex and get another Sat+. I have two Sat+ lights on my 60p tank and having the ability to control light color output on a whim (not to mention dynamic modes) is awesome! The colors just pop on all my fish like no tomorrow!

BTW, I've had 3 Ray 2's at one point and a FugeRay-R. Although I like Finnex, I'll have to say that the Ray 2 tends to washout color and make them look drab. It's great at growing green plants because of the high PAR output. But other than that, I like the Sat+ much better... even the Finnex Planted+ is much better than the Ray 2 in terms of color.

I may go that route. Thanks! The monster ray def adds color but I'm not sure I love it. The current led+ alone on my 36 looks awesome w my tetras but on cichlid tank it looks slightly more dull in person than on video. Thanks for the advice!

It probably looks dull because the overall output on a Sat+ isn't that intense. You're probably in low light range on a tank your size. By having two of them, you can increase the vibrancy and choose what color you want via the RGB's... The RGB's on the Finnex aren't controllable. You can't even dim that light. But the Sat+ can be dimmed and you can adjust the colors to your liking.

Check out my 60p journal, there's pics of my newly acquired Electric Blue Ram. I have two Sat+ lights, but they were in cloud cover dynamic mode. Explains why one is more of a purple hue while the other looks more natural.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f24/brians-ada-60p-17g-rimless-journal-279701-19.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom