Please help identify.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After really studying this picture my best guess is a exCichlasoma uropthalmus (Mayan) x Herichthys carpintis/ cyanoguttatus (Texas) cross.

My reasoning is the body shape and the full tail spot resemble Uropthalmus and the spangles / lateral line spots resemble the Herichthys. I could be waaay off base but that's the best guess I can muster.

After really studying this picture my best guess is a exCichlasoma uropthalmus (Mayan) x Herichthys carpintis/ cyanoguttatus (Texas) cross.

My reasoning is the body shape and the full tail spot resemble Uropthalmus and the spangles / lateral line spots resemble the Herichthys. I could be waaay off base but that's the best guess I can muster.

I think you're in the right ballpark.

Just a heads up, a red Texas is not actually a species, they're a hybrid ;) even though a red devil from a big chain is 100% going to be a amphilophus citrinellum/labiatus hybrid anyway lol

And sounds about right mog

Appreciate the feedback I am getting. At some point I will post all suggested species on a dart board, close my eyes, and throw 2 darts. It will be a hybrid of wherever the darts land.

Back
Top Bottom