rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gatorjon

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 1 male ram for about 4 months, I just added a female saturday. She is alot smaller but doesn't get messed with by anyone. She stays at the top and now my male ram is doing the same thing right beside her. Why would they be doing this and how long should it last? I'm starting to get worried about my male because he is usually all over the place looking great! Thanks

The kind sold at thr lfs, gbr I think. I have a bubbler in my tank so wouldn't that take care of the low ox?

yea just keep an eye on them they could be spawning. also gbr's are a week breed especially if you get them from a chain store such as petco and petsmart.

Ok thanks, I didn't get these from a petco or petsmart but understand what your saying. My dad and I have a few special local stores that have good fish. My male has alot more color with her in there and what do I do if she comes up with little guys? How will I know?

they'll go into a rock structur and will lay there eggs on flat rocks. what else do you have in the tank bc they get aggressive when they have their young?

I don't have any flat rocks, I have an angel fish, rainbow shark, few guppies, swordtail, 3 Cory cats, 1 glowfish (wife wanted tht one), dwarf gromi.

ok cool when you upgrade you might wanna get the schoolers a little higher and your gonna have problems with the rainbow shark and every fish in your tank bc it will kill all of them

Really, he doesn't bother to many of them, where should I look for the eggs since I dot have any flat rocks?

they might now have eggs without flat rocks. do you have a rock structure or driftwood? if not they'll need it.

I do have some different looking driftwood, but what kind of flat rocks? I don't mind adding it if it will help.

your welcome just for future reference(not saying that you should give me any) but the best way to thank someone on her is by giving them reputation points just sayin. haha

there is a white thing next to the green circle below the persons avatar. and trust me alot of newer ppl dont know about the reputation points.

Back
Top Bottom