Red Head Tapajos Group Size and 90g Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nothing

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, I need some advice for tomorrow. My girlfriends 150g broke last night, so she is getting rid of the fish she's got. We both have 5 tapajos and a severum. My group I'm pretty sure is 1F and 4M, which is less than ideal. They are in a 90g with my Rotkiel, a BN pleco and some Congo tetras. There's definitely some aggression, they always seem to be chasing each other around, and split tail fins are common. She has someone coming to take her remaining fish tomorrow, but I can change around some males for females and whatnot. So, would it be better to just get rid of the female and go all males? Should I ditch a couple males and get a female? What group size would be best? If three would be fine I could take in her severum too, but I don't think I have room for it with 5 tapajos. If anyone has any input on the best approach for this situation, it would be GREATLY appreciated, as I'm not sure what to do here. I just want less aggression in the tank. Thanks. I should mention too, out tapajos are the exact same size, we got them all from the same group at the fish store.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm personally wouldn't keep Tapajos in 48" tank, mainly due to their potential size of 8-9" plus their somewhat boisterous demeanor a 72" footprint is more ideal.

I know this doesn't help with your situation but if your going to try I would keep the 90g as a Tapajos species only tank and re-home the rest.

Back
Top Bottom