redone 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jbaygurl78745

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We are waiting for our dwift wood and plants to cone in. Although I'm pretty sure the plants won't last. There is a white pleco, 2 yellow tail acie, one yellow lab and 2 aff and a clown pleco. As soon as the swift wood comes in we are doing our 75g and moving the one aff and the two yellow tailed acie and the white pleco which will only leave us a clown pleco, a aff, and a yellow lab. What else can we add to our 55 to add color and that will be good with our yellow lab. Also is painting the back of the tank the best thing to do? This tank is in my 1.5 yr olds room.

ForumRunner_20130125_100949.jpg

You have a lot of options. Try checking out josh's "mbuna" section or "malawi" section at livefishdirect.com and see what you like.

I like the afra types like the jalo reef and obaque

Thank you I will cheek that out. Would peacocks be ok with a yellow lab? I love peacocks.

Going to that site now woo hoo fish.

Sometimes yes sometimes no. That's just how it goes with Africans they all have their own personality but with that said I actually have an OB peacock colony with a yellow lab colony.

Also the affs are always kicking sand around and we always end with slumps of higher sand in the front. Will that cause more weight pressure on the from bottom? I try to fix it every other day but they just mess it up again. Maybe I should cap the top with gravel?

Unless you pour concrete in the tank Malawis will dig it up lol. Just something you'll have to live with but no it won't effect your tank at all.

The cichlids aren't bad with digging although I see them spitting sand often and the yellow acie will put sand in his cichlid rock. Guess he wants a confy bed. But the feather fin cats are the real sand movers lol. If it don't hurt the fish or tank and they are happy they can make there home how ever they want.

Agreed
Just let them do it its part of theorem nature and you'll go nuts fixing it. I actually think mine got better after I stopped fixing it. Haha I think they was trying to make me mad.

Agreed
Just let them do it its part of theorem nature and you'll go nuts fixing it. I actually think mine got better after I stopped fixing it. Haha I think they was trying to make me mad.

Lol. I drove my self crazy the first month with our Oscars they'd move the gravel almost all to one side. And your right the more I fix the more they mess. They do before I even leave the room lol. Oh well its there home.

Excavating Cichlids

It is amazing how much sand and shells that they can move in one night ! They are persistant little buggers...I must say . I enjoy watching for hours on end !

I have a peacock with 2 yellow lab, 2 cobalt blue zebras, an albino zebra, and a Pleco and they're fine. The peacock is the biggest one.

Attachments

• image-3629276568.jpg
    image-3629276568.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 84
I have a peacock with 2 yellow lab, 2 cobalt blue zebras, an albino zebra, and a Pleco and they're fine. The peacock is the biggest one.

The orange and purple one? I like your fish :). And that cave is pretty cool. I really like the orange and purple. I want one now hehe :)

What kind of peacock is that? And I wanna stay away from highly aggressive my lab is really mellow.

So are mine. They just swim around aimlessly never terrifying anyone lol. And I was told by someone it is a Rubin Red Peacock, not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom