Rock ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcpeach93

Aquarium Advice Regular
Guy at LFS says that it is limestone, but not sure just wondering if anyone else knows what it is. If it is limestone is that little particles I have in my water coming from that breaking down. The water is always crystal clear except for these little specs that I am assuming is dissolving off the rock.

Sent from my Z970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1422759825584.jpg
    1422759825584.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 88
It is continually dissolving I think, but not 100% that this is the cause, but this rock doesn't lower pH correct? It s was sold to me as a no affect and if any as a buffer or possibly sight pH raiser.

Thanks, just making sure.

If the sand you have came from petco and is petco brand that's where the partials are coming from. I had it in a 10 gallon for a week and changed it out for pool filter sand because just from the fish swimming it would constantly be in the water column.

No, I have aragonite caribsea beans but from Petco yes. Was gonna get the Petco sand for my sons tiger barb and clown loach tank I am cycling now but I guess I should get something else based on that comment, any suggestions for that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom