Sandstone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if it will effect sandstone or not, but a good first test for rocks is white vinegar. Rinse the rock then pour some vinegar on it, if it fizzes don't use the rock. This can weed out candidates before doing water test experiments. Be careful with sanstone I think it could be a sourcce of minerals (good and not ) for your water. It could break down over time.

Although it is a cichlid tank so a higher pH is something I'd like to have. (It's only 7.4 right now). But it didn't affect the pH of the water in the bucket so I don't think it would raise the pH anyway. And I'm sure the minerals will probably be diluted since its 2 small rocks in a 55g tank, plus its been soaked in dechlorinated water for 2 days. If/when I use it, I'll put it in a location of lower flow.

haha, thanks everyone. I'll show you what it looks like when I put it in. I'm planning on doing a rescaping this weekend anyway, gotta wash all my new rocks first tho.

Back
Top Bottom