I don’t think my 55 gallon tank has ever cycled in 1 year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, yesterday I did a 50% water change added prime a fist time adding small dose of fritz 700 turbo. Bye the way I added that water clarifier only 1/3 Thé does that you mentioned and my water is unreal clear 😍

Here is my parameter today going forward getting this tank cycled.

Nitrate - 5.0 ppm

Nitrites looks above .25 ppm

Ammonia - looks 2.5 + ppm

Ph - holding at around 7.0 pmm

Question: what should I do today to continue cycling this Tank !?

Attachments

• IMG_5036.jpeg
    IMG_5036.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 8
After a 50% water change yesterday and adding small dose of fritz 700 turbo and a little prime, here’s my parameters today.

Nitrates - 0.25

Nitrites - .25 ppm

Ammonia - 0.25 ppm

Ph - maby 6.8 ppm

Attachments

• IMG_5064.jpeg
    IMG_5064.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 2
After a 50% water change yesterday and adding small dose of fritz 700 turbo and a little prime, here’s my parameters today.

Nitrates - 0.25

Nitrites - .25 ppm

Ammonia - 0.25 ppm

Ph - maby 6.8 ppm
What to do going forward cycling this tank please !? 😊

Do nothing today.

No i dont think you are close to being cycled. You are 2 or 3 weeks into what could take 2 or 3 months. All you are doing is preventing your water from getting too toxic for the fish to survive by frequently changing water.

You are seeing a small amount of ammonia turning to nitrite, and thats it really. You are at the beginning of the process.

Here’s today parameters :

Nitrates - 5.0 ppm

Nitrite - .50 pm

Ammonia - .27 ppm

Ph - 6.6

Now what to do moving to cycle me 55g planted tank 😊

Attachments

• IMG_5078.jpeg
    IMG_5078.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 6
I would change 50% of the water. Your pH is dropping due to all the water changes, so add back a little baking soda.
Just now did 50 % water change added prime and only added 1tsp and a 1/3 of baking soda like last time, and added two caps of Fritz 700 turbo.. I hope it’s ok adding the fritz if it will be effective on my BB or is it necessary right now !?

The Fritz will either work or it wont. It has done nothing so far, there is no reason to presume it will do anything going forward. The microbes in the bottle are probably dead, they were probably dead before you bought the bottle. It wont hurt anything to keep adding it, but personally i wouldnt waste any more money buying any more.

But, its your money, not mine. If you want to buy more of and keep trying it, i would try and buy it from a physical store so you can select a bottle with the longest expiry date, or if you do get it online, get it from an alternative supplier. Maybe a different supplier will store and ship it in the correct conditions.

The Fritz will either work or it wont. It has done nothing so far, there is no reason to presume it will do anything going forward. The microbes in the bottle are probably dead, they were probably dead before you bought the bottle. It wont hurt anything to keep adding it, but personally i wouldnt waste any more money buying any more.

But, it’s your money, not mine. If you want to buy more of and keep trying it, i would try and buy it from a physical store so you can select a bottle with the longest expiry date, or if you do get it online, get it from an alternative supplier. Maybe a different supplier will store and ship it in the correct conditions.

But, its your money, not mine. If you want to buy more of and keep trying it, i would try and buy it from a physical store so you can select a bottle with the longest expiry date, or if you do get it online, get it from an alternative supplier. Maybe a different supplier will store and ship it in the correct conditions.
Ok 👌 I will just keep using what I have left of it then I will stop using it !?

Ok my friend, after 50 % water change yesterday I checked parameters just now.

Nitrates - 5.0 ppm

Nitrite - looks like .25 ppm

Ammonia - 0 ppm to maby 0.25

Ph - went up as suspected added small amount of baking soda.

Now what to do today. !?

Attachments

• IMG_5092.jpeg
    IMG_5092.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 3
After doing nothing yesterday these or my parameters today.

Nitrates. - 5.0 ppm

Nitrite - looks like 2.5 ppm

Ammonia - looks like 2.5 ppm

Ph - has came up

What to do today please !?

Attachments

• IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom