Seeking advice on my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Left side

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I own a 55g tank had a setup with multiple fish, recently relocated them and put in cichlids bought 9 from the lfs used the restroom 2 died when I came back, I watched for an hour to see one fish start to slowly drop then fly around the tank doing barrels rolls till it crashed the lfs had no info for me so now I am left with 3 please help

Yes through the fish store and they said everything was fine

Yes through the fish store and they said everything was fine

Did you use something to remove chlorine? Do you have a test kit, what's the readings? How fishless you add the fish? Did you just drop them in or did you give them time to get use to the new water differences

Did you use something to remove chlorine? Do you have a test kit, what's the readings? How fishless you add the fish? Did you just drop them in or did you give them time to get use to the new water differences

I had the dechlorinate with the tank but that slipped my mind (slapping forehead) I haven't found a test kit? How fishless? And I floated them in the bag for I believe 20 mins. I appreciate you answering me back by the way

Floating the bag will only raise or lower the water temp in the bag to mot shock the fish if there is a big change. You should add a little bit of water every ten minutes or so. That way if the ph is different they will get use to it first. All local fish stores that I know of carry Api master test kits. If not you can look it iPhone amazon or ebay. Most of the time it is a lot cheaper online

Floating the bag will only raise or lower the water temp in the bag to mot shock the fish if there is a big change. You should add a little bit of water every ten minutes or so. That way if the ph is different they will get use to it first. All local fish stores that I know of carry Api master test kits. If not you can look it iPhone amazon or ebay. Most of the time it is a lot cheaper online

So your saying wile there in the bag add water to the bag?

Float bag for about 10 mn open bag add some tank water add a little more each 10 min for 3 or 4 times then net fish out of bag and release into tank. Dump bag water down drain not in tank. This works for most fish unless you get something that is very sensitive.

Float bag for about 10 mn open bag add some tank water add a little more each 10 min for 3 or 4 times then net fish out of bag and release into tank. Dump bag water down drain not in tank. This works for most fish unless you get something that is very sensitive.

The fish seem fine now their colors are very vibrant and are swimming around a lot more

Back
Top Bottom