Shellie fry..... What/how to feed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nzcichlidluva

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Went to clean my Shellie's tank today and nearly had a major disaster!!! I started collecting all the shells to give them a good scrub and my partner LUCKILY checked one of the shells and WE HAVE FRY!!!! :) .....excited new mummy!! ( mind u the REAL mummy didn't think a lot of me when I took her shell from her .... Whoops! So what I'm wanting advice for is (1) what to feed the fry (I have crushed up some NLS and syringed it into the shell??? (2) do I need to remove them at some stage?? And at what stage? (3) or does the "real mummy" feed them somehow?

congrats! sorry I'm not a shellie expert so i can't help you too much but id like to know also :)

Thank u for the feeding advice :) I was watching very closely today when I fed the adults and I
Watched the mum she actually munches up the pellets and sort of spits the pellets out in front of the shell then she swims inside the shell fanning the food in :) but I'm still wanting advice on when is the best time I can remove them?

Back
Top Bottom