Show off your mbuna pics here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I absolutely LOVE your FTS! I don't have a clue why, but I think it's one of the best I've seen.
I still have mine looking really bare, trying to figure out what to do with it and slowly piecing it together. Right now it's mostly lava rock but I'm striving to do mostly slate once I can make it to the store, which by the way I was wondering about...where do you all buy your rocks? Chain stores, landscaping stores, etc? I haven't seen any around, though I'm not particularly looking for it when I go out.

I got a trio I think* of white tailed Acei and a male Johanni last night at a fish auction I went to, not that I particularly wanted the Johanni, I actually only bought him because nobody else wanted him and the poor thing looked really stressed from being stuck in the bag for 8+ hours, so he went home with me for $1 and the white tailed were $1 a piece, so I figure if they don't work in my tank they'll go on Aquabid later on. So far they are doing really well though, once my Johanni colors up a bit more I'll take pictures of everyone.

Thx... All my rocks are out of my yard are families... My slate is a mix if vermont slate from my best friends family property and other is fossil slate my dad pulled out of the coal mine many many years ago... I used to try and make rhyme or reason out if my cichlid tank but they rearrange as they see fit... I just restack lol... I use black blasting sand as substrate... Then float plastic plants n put here n there for fry...

Thx... All my rocks are out of my yard are families... My slate is a mix if vermont slate from my best friends family property and other is fossil slate my dad pulled out of the coal mine many many years ago... I used to try and make rhyme or reason out if my cichlid tank but they rearrange as they see fit... I just restack lol... I use black blasting sand as substrate... Then float plastic plants n put here n there for fry...

Yeah, I like the mix of rock and other decor in it, it's pretty sweet! I have the tank as bare bottom for now with the lava rocks and some plastic plants both tied down and floating, i do put the blasting sand in all my other tanks so that's what'll probably go in there as well, just gotta get around to that and the rocks.

Last edited:
My big bee starting to outgrow everyone

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130916_060011.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130916_060011.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 60
Okay, here are mine, finally!

Male psuedotropheus Johanni (have only this male, was a compassion buy and will be going to a new home soon), psuedotropheus acei - white tail, psuedotropheus saulosi youngster, and psuedotropheus maingano juvies.

Till now--I didn't think I had such an obsession with Psuedos! Trust me, most won't be kept together.

Attachments

• image-2100183890.jpg
    image-2100183890.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image-4291195458.jpg
    image-4291195458.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 51
  • image-2749945122.jpg
    image-2749945122.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 59
  • image-638895950.jpg
    image-638895950.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 52
  • image-1373148872.jpg
    image-1373148872.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 59
So what's up with Johannis are they super aggressive or some thing lol

What is that first fish u posted

Johanni -- just got him on Saturday and am waiting on him to color up

They are aggressive, but not highly aggressive - from what I've read it says mildly aggressive normally and aggressive during breeding.. I just don't want to keep him because I've already got 6 maingano juvies growing out and don't want interbreeding between them

Snowman.... I have a cobalt blue that is similar to that... They were born blue. Ive been away to long to remember all the dif ones...

Never seen one like that did it start out yellow?

I just bought him, but yes johannis are yellow as juvies and males turn blue
Mainganos which look exactly like the johannis but are more docile all look like the one I pictured from juvenile through adult hood, both males and females

Back
Top Bottom