Shy jack dempseys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tobykourtney

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 2 regular jack dempseys and an electric blue jack dempsey in a 75 gallon and lately the regular jack dempseys have been extremely shy. They don't even come out to eat. I throw the food in and they wait til I'm gone to eat it. Is this normal for this type of fish?

I have 2 regular jack dempseys and an electric blue jack dempsey in a 75 gallon and lately the regular jack dempseys have been extremely shy. They don't even come out to eat. I throw the food in and they wait til I'm gone to eat it. Is this normal for this type of fish?

Where the heck have you been???? Hadn't seen you post in a while.

Quite normal behavior. Is this the breeding pair you have? If so, I would be checking for eggs.

Pretty normal behaviour for JD's. They are very shy fish.

Where the heck have you been???? Hadn't seen you post in a while.

Quite normal behavior. Is this the breeding pair you have? If so, I would be checking for eggs.

Working man and yea it's the breeding pair. I think the ebjd is being a bully they came out of there rock once and he forced them back into the rock.

Lol.....funny how the smallest guy in the tank can rule the roost.

The lfs store I got him from had him in a 55 gallon by himself because he was bullying the salvini's he had him with I was hoping he would hold his own not run the tank lol.

Back
Top Bottom